Cleaning Your Cookware
When you first use one of our nonstick pans, it will work so well (and make clean up so easy) that you may think that all you need to do is wipe it out with a paper towel!
Though we would love for that to be the case, cleaning your pan thoroughly is really important to prevent a build-up of food over time that can cause damage to your nonstick. If grease particles are left on the nonstick surface, they can burn when the cookware is next heated, causing stains and scorching to your pan's interior, reducing the effectiveness of the nonstick surface.
Follow these simple steps to keep your pan looking beautiful and performing perfectly:
- Carefully wipe off spills which occur during cooking immediately for easier clean up later.
- Always allow cookware to cool down after use and before cleaning, by removing cookware from the heat source and letting it cool on a heat resistant surface or trivet.
- Do not pour cold water into hot cookware as it may cause it to warp, or hot liquids to splatter
- Before washing, carefully wipe out any food residue or grease particles with a paper towel.
- Use a mesh pad specifically labelled as being suitable for nonstick surfaces, wash cookware thoroughly after use with mild dishwashing detergent and hot (not boiling) water to remove all traces of food or grease particles.
- To store your cookware, we recommend stacking your cookware with a layer of paper towel between each pan, to prevent scratches.
Can I put my cookware in the dishwasher?
- While some RACO cookware is dishwasher safe, we do recommend hand washing to prolong the life of your cookware.
I have food burnt onto my cookware. What can I do?
If your cookware has dried or burnt on food deposits that you can’t seem to clean off, try this simple solution to soften food before washing:
- Partially fill the pan with three (3) parts water to one (1) part detergent or vinegar
- Bring the pan to the boil.
- Turn off the heat source and set aside for a period to cool.
- Wash the pan with mild dishwashing detergent and hot (not boiling) water using a non-abrasive mesh pad.
Need some more help?
Please visit our Customer Service page.