Caring for Your Bakeware, Knives & Utensils
Thank you for choosing RACO! We are excited that you have chosen our reliable bakeware, knives or kitchen utensils and want to help you get the most out your product for years to come.
How to care for your bakeware:
- Before first use and after each use, wash pans thoroughly with mild dishwashing detergent and warm water. Do not use oven cleaners to clean bakeware.
- Avoid soaking bakeware overnight. Dry promptly and thoroughly after washing.
- Use caution when handling hot bakeware and always have pot holders available to take hot bakeware out of the oven
- Never place your bakeware over a direct flame. Do not use bakeware on a stovetop, it is suitable for oven use only.
- RACO bakeware is oven safe to 250°C
- Never use your bakeware in a microwave
- Do not use sharp edged utensils such as knives or forks on your bakeware as this can damage the nonstick surface
- Do not use nonstick cooking sprays on your RACO bakeware as this can burn on and impair the performance of your nonstick
How to care for your knives:
Here are some simple tips to keep your knives in great condition:
- Always wash knives separately and do not put them in the washing bowl with other cutlery or crockery to prevent injury
- Before first use and after each use, holding the handle carefully hand wash each knife separately in warm soapy water and rinse.
- Do not allow knives to soak for long periods of time and carefully dry knives thoroughly with a clean, soft tea towel before storing them
- Do not use steel wool or harsh abrasives to clean knives.
- Do not immerse knife blocks or sheaths in water.
Knife Blocks, Sheathes & Storage:
- Always store knives in a knife block or sheath to protect the cutting edge and prevent personal injury.
- When placing knives in the knife block, care should be taken with the blade as this could damage the block and blunt your knives.
- To clean your block, use a cloth rinsed in warm water and mild dishwashing detergent to wipe the exterior of the knife block or sheath, then dry with a clean, soft towel. Please do not use steel wool, coarse scouring pads or harsh abrasives to clean knife blocks or sheaths.
My knives are blunt, what should I do?
- A sharp knife is a safe knife. A dull knife requires excessive pressure when cutting which increases the likelihood of injury.
- To sharpen, clean your knives thoroughly and use a honing steel or the final stage of a two or three stage sharpener either before or after each use of the knife to hone the blade and maintain the edge.
How to care for your utensils and gadgets:
Here are some tips to help you care for your RACO utensils and gadgets:
- While some RACO tools and gadgets are dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended.
- Wash thoroughly in hot (not boiling) soapy water, and dry immediately.
- Never leave your cooking utensils inside hot cookware.
Need some more help?
Please visit our Customer Service page.