This is my go-to recipe when I want something healthy and comforting but am also pressed for time. It's the epitome of minimum work; maximum return! I generally use one Maryland per person but depending what you can get your hands on, chicken drumsticks or a butterflied chicken would also work!
- 2 x chicken Maryland pieces or whole butterflied chicken (feel free to add more to suit how many people you need to feed)
- 2 x cloves garlic
- 1 x diced onion
- Half teaspoon garlic powder
- Teaspoon onion powder
- Juice from half a lemon
- Handful of parsley - to taste
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- Crumble in one chicken stock cube
- Glug of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place all the ingredients in a bowl or zip lock bag, massage with your hands to ensure chicken is well coated and place in the fridge for 3+ hours.
Roughly dice half a yellow, green and red capsicum, and prepare the following:
- 1 Corn, de-kerneled.
- A hand full of mini tomatoes
- 2 cups of rice
- 1 cup of raisins
- Olive Oil
- 2.5 cups of chicken stock
Place marinated chicken in a deep dish oven tray. Add vegies, rice, raisins, corn kernels, and stock. Mix together in the tray, glug over some olive oil and top with some extra salt and pepper. Cook in 180 oven for 1.75 hours, stirring the rice at the halfway mark. Then serve with some additional parsley. Deeeelish!
For best results, we recommend using a RACO Medium Roaster.