Recipe: Lamington Brown Rice Breakfast Porridge
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked quinoa seed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 80g dark 70% chocolate
- 1/2 cup shaved coconut
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 heaped teaspoon chia seeds
- Place the rice, quinoa, almond milk, coconut milk, cinnamon stick and vanilla bean into a sauce pan over a medium heat.Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice has broken down into a porridge consistency.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of the maple or honey and a pinch of sea salt. Meanwhile place the raspberries into a bowl and crush with the back of a fork. Mix the chia seeds with 1/4 cup water and stir until it looks like a gel. Stir the chia seed mixture and the remaining maple syrup into the raspberries until it looks like jam.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and gently fold them through the rice porridge. Place porridge into serving bowls and top with raspberry jam and toasted coconut before serving
Check out our range of saucepans here!