- 1 large head of cauliflower
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 50ml Red Island extra virgin olive oil
- 20g yellow mustard seeds
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Coles chilli flakes
- 100g anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- 400g unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to the highest setting.
- Remove most of the leaves from the cauliflower and place on a roasting tray. Give to top of the flower a good drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season generously with salt.
- Place the cauliflower into the oven and roast on high for 30 - 45 minutes or until the whole top of the cauliflower starts to blacken. Reduce the heat to 180 degrees and continue to cook the cauliflower for another 15 minutes, or until you can pass a knife through the centre of the cauliflower and there is no resistance.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, get into the anchovy butter. Place a medium sized saucepan over to medium heat. Pour in the olive oil and mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds start to pop, throw in the sliced garlic and shallots, chilli flakes and chopped anchovy. Sweat this mixture down for 5 minutes or until the shallots start to soften. Add the butter and once it's melted and has come to the boil, cook out the mixture for 10 minutes. This will slightly brown the butter. Just before finishing, season the mix with salt and pepper.
- Once the cauliflower comes out of the oven, transfer to your serving tray and generously spoon over a good amount of the anchovy butter.
Cook up a storm with the following RACO kitchen essentials: