Sounds fancy but it’s really simple to cook this restaurant quality dish of roasted spatchcock with a spiced honey glaze. Watch former Masterchef contestant, Matt Sinclair from Channel 10’s The Cooks Pantry show us how.
- 2 x Spatchcocks
- 200ml Orange juice
- 4 x Star Anise
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 2 cups Snow Peas
- 3 x Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 inch ginger, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- In a tray, spread out carrots so they aren't overlapping and coat in sesame seeds. Place spatchcocks on top of carrots and coat in oil and salt.
- Roast in the oven at 200 for 25 minutes, remove from oven and place the snow peas under the spatchcocks.
- In a saucepan over a medium-high heat, add sugar and cook until it begins to turn slightly golden and caramelised. Turn heat off and add orange juice. Turn heat back on and add star anise and ginger, allow to infuse until thickened.
- Add some glaze over the top of the spatchcocks and return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Serve vegetables and any juice in the pan on the base of a platter. Top with spatchcocks and remaining glaze, serve with steamed rice.
RACO PRODUCTS USED