Tangy rocket, sweet butternut pumpkin and a baked egg get together to create a memorable pizza experience.
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2-3cm cubes
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 100g shaved ham
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 60g rocket leaves
- Olive oil spray
- 4 wholemeal pita pocket breads, to use as pizza bases
- 4 eggs
- Balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 180°C or 160C fan. Line an oven tray with nonstick baking paper. Spread pumpkin onto tray and spray with oil. Bake for 25 mins until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 2 - Lightly oil two more oven trays and put pita bread onto them or place into a pizza oven. Spread with pasta sauce then sprinkle with ham. Arrange pumpkin onto the pizzas, putting it around the edge and leaving about an 8cm gap in the centre. Sprinkle cheese over the pizza.
- Step 3 - Carefully break an egg into the centre of each pizza. Bake until crust is golden and egg has set. Lightly drizzle the rocket leaves with balsamic vinegar and oil. Top pizzas with a few rocket leaves and serve rest as a side salad. Sprinkle with black pepper to serve.
RACO Products we used: