- Orecchiette, 1 packet
- 100g Coles frozen peas
Pea Salsa Verde
- 200g Coles frozen peas
- 50g mint leaves
- 50g parsley leaves
- 50g basil leaves
- 35g Coles baby capers in brine, rinsed
- 1 lemon, zest
- 2 teaspoon Coles white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 75g Crème fraîche
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
Gluten Free Pangrattato
- 1 loaf of gluten-free bread
- 1/4 cup Red Island Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Coles pepitas, toasted then roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees.
- Roughly chop the gluten free bread before you place it into a food processor. Pulse the bread until it resembles chunky breadcrumbs. Be careful not to blitz it too much as you want it quite textural when it comes out of the oven.
- Place the breadcrumbs onto a large baking tray, coat with the extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the breadcrumb in the oven for 20 minutes, taking the tray out and stirring the breadcrumbs every 5 minutes. This will ensure they cook evenly. The mix is done when the breadcrumbs are a golden brown colour.
- Once the mixture comes out of the oven, stir in the garlic powder and toasted pepitas.
- Leave to cool before storing in an airtight container.
- For the pea salsa verde, place 200g of peas into a blender along with the mint, basil, parsley, capers, lemon zest, white wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Blend the mixture on high until it just starts to come together. This should take about 5 - 10 seconds. Remove the mixture from the blender and set aside.
- Place the orecchiette in boiling salted water and cook for 7 minutes.
- While this is happening, get onto the base of your sauce by cooking off the diced onion and garlic in a pan over a medium heat. Once the pasta is cooked, strain off the pasta reserving about 50ml of the pasta water.
- Place the orecchiette in the pan with the onion and garlic. Toss through the pea salsa verde, peas, crème fraîche and pasta water. Season the pasta with salt and pepper and then transfer into bowls.
- Top with the pangrattato and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Cook your dish to perfection using the following RACO products: