Do you think cooking a Paella is difficult and takes time? Watch co-host on Channel 10’s The Cooks Pantry, Courtney Roulston show us her “cheats” Paella Rice which is quick and easy to cook at home.
- 2 x 105g pack Ainsley Harriott's Singapore Aromatic Spice Rice
- 300g Hot Roast BBQ Chicken - breast meat, shredded
- 500ml Chicken Liquid Stock
- 12 large raw green prawns, peeled with tail left on
- 12 black mussels, beards removed
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 200g green beans, sliced into 1/2 cm rounds
- 1 tablespoons Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Heat oil over a medium heat in a large saucepan. Cook the onion for 2 minutes with a touch of sea salt, then add in the beans, rice mix and stock. Bring up to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and stir through the rice to warm. Place the prawns and mussels on the rice and gently nestle them into the rice. Cover with a lid and leave on a gentle simmer for 5 minutes, or until the prawns have cooked through and the mussels have opened.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges and serve in the pan with a green salad on the side.
Watch the video here!