Co-host on Channel 10’s The Cooks Pantry, Michael Weldon shows us how to cook a simple and easy to prepare Asparagus and Pea Risotto.
Prep Time: 15-20 mins
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
- 400g Arborio Rice
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2L Liquid Chicken Stock
- 1 bunch of asparagus, sliced into
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- 50mls Thickened Cream
- 100g Danish Feta, crumbled and a
third reserved to finish
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, zest
- 40g Butter
- 20mls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- Add the peas and cream into a bowl
and blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Add the chicken stock and water to a
saucepan and slowly bring to a simmer.
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium
heat, add the butter and oil. Once up to temperature add to the onion and
celery, sweat slowly until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the garlic and
cook for another minute.
- Add the rice and turn through the oil
and butter for a minute or 2 until the all the grains of rice are coated.
- Then add the chicken stock one ladle
at a time, stirring in the stock until fully absorbed. Then add the next ladle,
continue this process until all the stock is absorbed into the rice and the
rice is just cooked.
- Stir in the pureed peas, asparagus,
Danish feta, parmesan cheese and lemon zest until combined. Taste and adjust
seasoning with salt if needed.
- Serve risotto in a bowl topped with a
drizzle of olive oil and some extra feta.
RACO PRODUCTS USED: